This building is a replica of Salmon Arm's first firehall that served the community from 1913 to 1936. Two hose reels, specialized fire fighting buckets, and the first fire truck are on display.
This replica was built by members of the Volunteer Fire Department.
The one room Broadview School was constructed over the winter of 1917, and officially opened in January 1918, and saved neighbouring children a long walk to Canoe or Salmon Arm. The school was moved to the village in 1988 and now houses Marjorie’s Tea Room in the school’s gymnasium. School re-enactments occur regularly in June during Haney’s Pioneer School program.
Lester and Thomson Garage
This scale-model replica of the Lester and Thomson Car Sales building was completed in 2007 thanks to financial support and sweat equity of the Shuswap Chapter of the Vintage Car Club of Canada. The exhibit was installed in 2013.
The original building was situated on the corner of Alexander Ave. and Front Street (Lakeshore Drive) in downtown Salmon Arm.
Ivan and Polly Pidhirney lived here
Moved in 2008 from Fraser Avenue in Salmon Arm, this is the first house moved onto the village site. Built about1923, very few modifications have been made to the layout of the house. Since arriving at Haney, the Pidhirney Home has been re-roofed and its cove siding painted with period-appropriate colours, but funding is still needed to restore the interior.
The most recent residence added to the village, this log home was moved from North Broadview Rd. in 2010. Built from logs from the property ~ 1922, it was home to newlyweds Albert Laitinen and Vera Halpenny. Miss Halpenny was the first school teacher at the Broadview School.
Restoration work on this exhibit is ongoing.